Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
Course Code: RS810
Instruction Method: In class
• HSF BLS for HCP (C) Card within the previous 12 months
• Ability to identify ECG rhythms- For those who wish to test/review their ECG interpretation skills please go to ECG STAT Test.
• Knowledge of primary pharmacology specific to cardiopulmonary emergencies
• Registration with Heart and Stroke for your Heart and Stroke Id Number.
• Completion of ACLS Pre Course Test Code: compression. Must be presented at the course.
NOTE: You must fax/email your valid BLS certificate to Michener a minimum of 2 weeks before the date of your course.
Duration: 11 hours
Time: Day 1 – 08:30-16:30; Day 2 - 10:00-16:30
Location: The Michener Institute For Applied Health Sciences- unless indicated otherwise in the table below
Fee: see table below for course fee
Textbook: Not included in course fee. ACLS Provider Manual (2010), vendor code RE5100E and HSFC Handbook of Cardiovascular Care for Healthcare Providers vendor code RE0110E, available from Laerdal Medical , or University of Toronto bookstore.
• Written evaluation
• Hands-on skills practice
• Practical skills testing
Instructors: Dr. Sonny Kohli, MD, FRCPC (Medical Director)
Intended for: Healthcare professions responding to cardiopulmonary emergencies and working in critical care environments; such as physicians, nurses, respiratory technologists, paramedics
Certificate: Upon successful completion students receive a HSF ACLS course completion card valid for 2 years.
Upon successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
• Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
• Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating automated external defibrillator (AED) use
• Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
• Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
• Recognize and initiate early management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
• Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
• Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
Please note: Heart and Stroke criteria for taking ACLS state that you must have successfully completed a BLS for Health Care Provider (C) course in accordance with current guidelines, be actively using BLS skills on a regular basis and demonstrate competence in performing CPR. Hence we require demonstration of competence for successful completion of the course.
Registration does not guarantee success.
As instructors we would like to see everyone succeed at the ACLS course, however not everyone is successful. The most common reason(s) that students are unsuccessful are lack of preparation prior to the ACLS course and or lack of ECG interpretation skills. Registration in this course does not guarantee success. In the event that you are not successful, the Course Director will recommend at the end of the course that you repeat an entire classroom session on another date (you will be responsible for the entire tuition fee). Unsuccessful participants will not receive a refund of course fees.
Disclaimer: Please note you will be tested on the information that can be found in the 6th Edition ACLS Manual. The link provided to the ECG STAT test is an additional study resource and does not replace the 6th Edition ACLS Manual (required reading).
This course is also available by contract for on-site delivery. Please email email@example.com for information.
|Credits:||This course meets the accreditation criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been approved for 8 MAINPRO-C credits submitted to CSRT for NCPD credits.|
|Please Note:|| Withdrawals and transfers please see Michener Transfer and Withdrawal Policy.|
|Code||Course Title||Format||Tuition||Date(s)||Register By||Availability|
|RS810-19||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS) on site at St Joseph's Health Centre, 30 The Queensway , Toronto||$420.00||Jun-14-2014 - |
|RS810-10||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$375.00||Jun-21-2014 - |
|RS810-11||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$375.00||Jul-12-2014 - |
|RS810-40||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS) on site at Humber River Regional Health - 200 Church Street Toronto-Employees Only||$420.00||Jul-12-2014 - |
|RS810-38||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$375.00||Jul-19-2014 - |
|RS810-39||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$375.00||Jul-26-2014 - |
|RS810-12||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$375.00||Aug-16-2014 - |
|RS810-34||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS) on site Credit Valley Hospital, 2200 Eglinton Ave W, Mississauga For Trillium Health Partners Employees only||$420.00||Aug-23-2014 - |
|RS810-1||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||Sep-27-2014 - |
|RS810-17||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS) Queensway West, Mississauga FOR TRILLIUM HEALTH PARTNERS EMPLOYEES ONLY||$435.00||Oct-04-2014 - |
|RS810-4||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||Nov-22-2014 - |
|RS810-15||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS) on site at St. Joseph's Health Centre, 30 the Queensway, Toronto- For employees only||$425.00||Jan-10-2015 - |
|RS810-6||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||Jan-24-2015 - |
|RS810-7||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||Feb-21-2015 - |
|RS810-8||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||Mar-21-2015 - |
|RS810-20||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS) Location: TRILLIUM HEALTH CENTRE, 100 Queensway W. Mississauga||$435.00||Apr-11-2015 - |
|RS810-10||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||May-23-2015 - |
|RS810-11||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||Jun-20-2015 - |
|RS810-13||Advanced Cardiac Life-Support (ACLS)||$380.00||Aug-15-2015 - |