The Michener Institute is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Programmer Analyst position with The Michener Institute.
(12 Month Full Time Contract)
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the programmer analyst will be responsible for a wide array of projects and tasks, each requiring specific technical skill sets and creative thinking. Tasks range from small updates to web content, web feature implementation, server configuration, all the way to large scale software development projects. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are necessary especially for the latter.
- Develop web applications for evaluation and data management purposes for staff throughout organization
- Implement integrated systems for use with third-party software (for example, to implement Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) data transmission)
- Manage organizational websites, including upgrades and new features
- Perform routine customized updates to web content
- Assist with web server maintenance and upgrades
- Meet with project stakeholders to determine requirements, maintain documentation
- Provide demonstrations of projects and software as necessary
- Bachelor of equivalent degree in a Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of Object Oriented (OO) programming practices
- Proficiency in PHP
- Proficiency in MySQL, expertise in constructing and analyzing complex queries
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems, in particular shell commands (e.g., grep, regular expressions)
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting 14-19CR to:
The Michener Institute
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities during its recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.