Back to top
The Michener Institute is Canada's only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to the applied health sciences professions. Offering full-time, part-time and continuing education programs, The Michener Institute is committed to providing its students with Best Experience, Best Education. Through an innovative healthcare curriculum and an engaging learning environment, The Michener Institute prepares learners to become competent and highly skilled allied health professionals.
If you want to work with a team of professionals dedicated to the advancement of applied health sciences to enhance the health of individuals and communities in Ontario and beyond, we encourage you to apply for the Data Analyst position with The Michener Institute.
Utilizing strong data manipulation skills, advanced report design skills, and a client-centered approach, the Data Analyst converts diverse and complex data into reports and summaries that are clear and easy to interpret for various audiences. Reporting to the Manager, Research, the Data Analyst is a key member of the Applied Educational Research department.
- Maintain efficient and effective data management systems / databases; collect and archive qualitative and quantitative data
- Oversee the centralization and provision of institutional data used for program accreditation, program review, and other internal and external reporting requirements
- Play a major role in coordination, data collection, data management, and report generation for regular research activities (including course evaluations conducted each semester) and ad-hoc research projects
- Compile data, and/or manipulate raw data from primary and secondary data sources,
- Analyze and interpret data and develop reports and summaries (including graphical summaries) of research findings
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in Computer Programming, Information Systems, or Business Administration and/or a postgraduate certificate in Research Analysis
- Minimum five years of work experience in an environment, preferably in an educational institution, in which the ability to manage diverse research and analysis activities are essential to the job.
- Proficiency with database management and manipulation, including experience with MS Access and Excel
- Proficiency with SPSS and Crystal Reports for conducting analyses and developing reports
- Proficiency with technical set-up and monitoring of online surveys using tools such as SurveyMonkey
- Experience with web publishing and website management tools considered an asset
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy to identify errors or inconsistencies in data and ensure accuracy in all research reports, summaries and analytical tasks
- Superior planning and coordination skills to handle multiple projects and work to meet competing deadlines and changing priorities, with the ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Service-oriented / client-centered
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Satisfactory Canadian Police Clearance document required upon hire
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a detailed resume and cover letter noting posting #14-01FT to:
222 St. Patrick Street
Toronto, ON, M5T 1V4
For further information on The Michener Institute, please visit our website at www.michener.ca.
The Michener Institute is publically funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care and is an equal opportunity employer. The Michener Institute offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities during its recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top
PART TIME SUMMER JOB FOR MICHENER STUDENTS
Patient Models Needed for Clinical Simulations
May 12th through July 18th, 2014
As part of our Simulation-enhanced learning, we are looking for students to be patient models for the programs noted below:
- Radiological Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
You will role play as a patient in a variety of situations as per the scenarios provided by the programs. You will be touched, positioned, scanned, and required to perform a variety of non-invasive procedures; you may also be required to wear a hospital gown. You will be required to provide feedback, either written or oral.
You are strongly encouraged to review the full details of the job prior to applying. FULL DETAILS HERE
- Faculty are present for all interactions.
- Privacy and confidentiality will be respected at all times.
- Interactions may be videotaped for educational purposes only.
- Students cannot be assigned to sessions in their own programs.
- Hourly wage of $12.00 CAD.
- Flexible employment opportunity.
- Simulation sessions from 1.5 and 6 hours per day with needs varying from week to week.
- Commitment to your availability is essential; we will try to provide as many sessions as possible.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm & commitment.
Qualified applicants are invited to apply with a resume and cover letter
using reference PMINT2014 by March 17th, 2014 to:
The Michener Institute, Project Management Office firstname.lastname@example.org
The Michener Institute is an equal opportunity employer publically funded by the Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care. Michener offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities during its recruitment process.